Progamme Manager, Regional IT Enterprise TechnologyFull time @ManpowerGroup posted 6 months ago
Our client is now recruiting for a Progamme Manager, Regional IT Enterprise Technology – Process Simplification
Contract Duration: 12 months
The senior Process Simplification Program Manager role will report into the Regional Head of Enterprise Technology. The role will support the Regional Head of Enterprise Technology to drive and lead the MENAT Strategy Process Simplification deliverables.
The role includes two specific responsibilities:
- Portfolio Management: Defining, leading and managing the overall programme workstream budget and deliverables. This includes planning, budgetary management and tracking, reporting overall programme / project delivery, managing portfolio risks and issues and ensuring resources are assigned to the respective projects.
- The Programme Manager: Manage the end to end programme, establish and govern the end to end workstream level governance, financial reporting, cost / benefit tracking and liaise with the Global, Regional and Country IT teams to ensure successful delivery / execution based on the agreed commitments and timelines.
The following sections detail the key activities and decision making areas encompassed by this role.
The role demands the understanding of IT support best practices in the industry / domain. A clear view on cost and a drive to move the support culture to a proactive state.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide senior-level management / executives project / programme management and oversee on target delivery
- Agree program strategy, priorities and associated regional view of IT order books / AOP and assist Regional stakeholders with understanding and prioritizing initiatives.
- Participate in the appropriate regional and global governance structures,
- Effectively engage with suppliers of services globally (primarily internal);
- Proactively manage risks and resources to maximize delivery within budgets and headcount.
- Lead the regional IT initiatives to support the business with local initiatives and implement global solutions.
- Understanding of global and regional business and IT strategies and plans in order to ensure effective consulting is provided to businesses and customer groups.
Principal Accountabilities: Key activities and decision making areas
In service to the Business & Function Generally:
- Provide support to Regional Head of Enterprise / Country CIOs/ Country Heads of IT, acting as a liaison between global and country management
- Defining and managing the project approach, building stakeholder buy-in around the project plan, commitments and changes
- Leading and supporting Technology teams to manage delivery proactively, balancing scope, budget, schedule, resourcing, dependencies and communications
- Working with the Technology team and Product Owners to drive improvements in productivity through backlog management, maturity in the use of Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, Lean), and corresponding management of dependencies
- Providing management info to maintain a focus on how the project aligns to wider programme objectives, where appropriate, and to the change portfolio across the company
- Driving, Managing, monitoring and reporting progress, issues, dependencies and risks to the programme management, internal stakeholders and/or steering committees. Making recommendations to influence decision-making in order to maintain progress towards delivery and benefits realisation
- Enforcing process discipline and improvements in areas of expertise, such as disciplined agile software delivery, production support processes, or continuous DevOps pipelines development
- Helping with the development and running of the programme management office or project management practice
- Ensuring adherence to standard controls and drives teams to achieve compliance and framework, capability management, security controls and technology architecture designs
- Establishing effective governance and controls, in line with Business Transformation Framework, and coordinating cross DevOps and cross Global Business/Global Functions delivery
- Support the Regional Head of Enterprise technology to obtain sponsor / stakeholder buy-in to plans, key commitments and changes against baseline as they arise
- Work with the global, regional & country delivery teams to manage turnaround of major programmes as required
- Support effective Risk & Control management using company’s tools to register, track, control and resolve risks related to the function and Portfolio
- Solicit specific detail to explain Project forecast vs. AOP variances
- Utilize Global tools (Discover, Clarity etc) to devise reporting across projects covering progress, risks, issues, financials, benefits
- Lead and support Regional Enterprise Technology interactions with senior stakeholders and programme steering committees as appropriate, resolving conflicts and providing input in the decision-making process where required
- Subject matter expert in the related system and can articulate the features and functionality of the supported systems to the business with documented procedures.
- Help resolve system issues by working closely with IT teams to prevent business impacts and provide effective problem management to prevent issue reoccurrence.
- Excellent understanding of how technology adds value to the business proposition and ultimately the end customer, both internal and external
- Seeks opportunities to make the business processes more effective and efficient across business lines and regions.
- Ensuring continuous improvement and engagement and ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions, processes, circulars and regulatory requirements including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Groups values and standards of ethical behavior.
In Service to the Regional Customers / Stakeholders:
- Proactively seek opportunities to improve project delivery
- Foster stakeholder relationships across Group, Region and Countries tailoring approach as required to achieve results / outputs
- Learn about local markets – including but not limited to regional regulatory environment or bespoke business scenario – in order to anticipate evolution of local needs (and then communicate them globally)
- Support growth requirements for countries/markets and drive priorities with a customer centric approach e.g. resolving known customer facing defects that get deprioritized/not fixed)
- Grow in skill to articulate complex business issues and ideas simply
- Serve as Enterprise Technology representative in regional business meetings such as working groups etc.
- Remain current on technical and professional developments affecting the financial services industry
- Identify new ideas and opportunities to shape the future of the Enterprise Technology within Regions and Countries
- Regular updates to senior management of local Project challenges impacted by regulatory landscape
Core Values and Teamwork
- Support / promote collaboration environment within the team
- Demonstrates and operates as a visible technology leader for the wider Technology community
- Work effectively with:
o All Enterprise Technology staff and customers
o All global business and global function staff locally
- Attend all appropriate training courses related to the role
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Ensure that project management and DevOps tools are accepted and the best practice techniques and standards provided by the company are used to introduce new techniques, processes or standards where needed
- Ensuring continuous improvement for the engagement
- To ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization
- To continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructures, and the impact of new technology.
- In conjunction with Compliance department, to implement the Group Compliance Policy by containing compliance. The term ‘compliance’ embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
- To adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions (FIMs, GSMs, circulars) and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Group’s standards of ethical behavior.
- Improving Cyber Control environment measured by progress on the CSMIP. Cyber security has been considered as part of a risk based approach to service implementation and that testing and validation have taken place.
- Building effective internal and external relationships in order to operate with transparency and consistency across key stakeholder groups; this includes in-country GB/GF stakeholder management to ensure our function is given appropriate focus (i.e. cross domain management within various IT verticals)
- Ensuring timely involvement of relevant stakeholders from any/all GF sub functions, particular where regulatory impact may be relevant
- Managing local expectations and requirements, within current global agenda.
- Potentially working with offshore and/or teams in disparate time zone/geographies to deliver regional portfolio
- Sustaining g