Restaurant Hostess@JA Resorts and Hotels posted 2 weeks ago
For this role, experience in 4 or 5* hotels or venues is essential.
To welcome guests in a friendly and efficient manner, providing support to Food & Beverage service associates ensuring maximum guests’ satisfaction and seating capacity is achieved
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all activities in the restaurant adhere and support JA Resorts & Hotels quality standards at all times.
- Maintain full awareness of restaurant layout and table plans in order to maximize potential covers and sittings.
- Greet and seat guests wishing to dine, promptly and professionally.
- Maintain an effective reservation system to maximize the potential number of covers and to meet guests’ required needs.
- Actively monitor guest satisfaction upon guests’ departure and report any problems to supervisor or Line Manager.
- Build relationships with first-time and regular guests through guest recognition and professionalism.
- Assist service colleagues with table and/ or counter service of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Assist service colleagues to provide table and/ or counter service of all menu items.
- Develop and update food and beverage knowledge required to carry out duties.
- Provide advice and suggestions related to food and beverage menu to the guest.
- Record loyalty card and maintain reservation book.
- Maintain and update menus.
- Follow hotel’s lost and found procedure. Ensure all daily newspaper stands are updated and level of music is accurate
Experience and Skills
- Minimum one year experience in similar role and property rating.
- Previous experience in customer service related position.
- Knowledge in cashiering procedures.
- HACCP – BASIC
- Food Hygiene – BASIC
Job Type: Full-time
Application Deadline: 19/08/2022