We are a creative business in the world of water feature design taking clients from inspiration – through conceptualization – to the realization of design.
Are you the newest member of our team?
We are looking for a BIM Technician on a full time contract to join the Aquashi family in Dubai.
This position is responsible for independently performing technical drafting work using AutoCAD and developing coordinated models using REVIT from concept to construction stage drawings.
Key responsibilities are:
- Strong experience as BIM Modeler on Revit MEP & Autocad.
- Preparation of Revit based family
- Understanding of BIM Template and processes
- Should follow the project BIM Standards
- The candidate must be from a MEP design background and be fully conversant with the implementation of projects in BIM, including development of scripts, automation of design processes and production of MEP designs and schedules in BIM. The candidate must be fully conversant with production of Navis Works information and clash detection and resolution techniques. The candidate must be a good communicator.
- Collaborate and communicate with other disciplines regarding coordination issues and common model development tasks
- Works with Project BIM Managers and project engineers to communicate, problem solve, and update models for coordination and design issues
- Assist engineers with drawing coordination problem solving
- Maintain awareness of compliance to safety and quality standards and integration of design
- Implement BIM modelling techniques and processes to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the production process.
- Maintain an overview of developments in BIM modelling systems and standard Codes of Practice.
- Improve and customize of content libraries (e.g. Revit families)
- Direct and manage all BIM related activities from project start-up to project completion
- Manage the adherence to the BIM Execution Plan (including defined project standards) by the entire project team
- Manage the collaboration/file exchange site and process for the project
- Responsible for implementing a model maintenance and model QA/QC process for the project
Specific Skills Required:
- Experienced in Revit MEP & Autocad.
- Must be proficient in use of Navisworks Manager for multidisciplinary coordination
- General knowledge of integrated architectural and engineering practice
- Good knowledge of mechanical, electrical & public health engineering terminology.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented professional with strong organizational skills
- Must have good communications skills: interpersonal, listening, fluent English in both oral, and written: good client facing ability.
- Ability to set priorities in an efficient and timely manner to meet essential job functions.
- Must be a team player, have a positive attitude, and be a self-starter.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- 5+ years’ experience with modelling software in an engineering environment
- Previous Project BIM Coordination / Project Information Management experience
- A diploma or trade certificate in engineering discipline is required.