Sales Director – Embedded Linux@Canonical posted 3 weeks ago
Our flagship product in IoT, Ubuntu Core, is unique. It is Linux reinvented for optimal reliability, security and footprint. Our customers come from a wide variety of industries – Automotive, Customer Electronics, Medical Devices, Industrial Systems, Robotics, Gateways, and so many more – but they all have this in common: they strive to meet stringent quality and security requirements.
To cope with our rapid expansion, we are looking for bright, technically savvy Sales Directors – Embedded Linux to join our team. They will prospect and develop new enterprise accounts for new business and/or further develop and grow existing strategic accounts in their defined territories.
This is a unique hunter sales position and strategic account development role and requires energy, ambition and focus. In order to be successful, you must be comfortable positioning and selling open source, services, and software solutions to all levels of an organization, and specifically to departments that are developing embedded software and IoT devices. You should also be able to do so across multiple industries. Key responsibilities
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual bookings targets
- Articulate our uniqueness on device enablement, application software, and services
- Close contracts for the design and delivery of Ubuntu Core devices
- Develop new pipeline through outreach, prospecting, local marketing, and industry events
- Promote our brand and offerings to further extend market awareness
- Build, execute and maintain a territory plan
- Achieve tactical, strategic and financial objectives for the assigned region
- Manage customer relationships and interactions through all stages of the sales cycle
- Work with IoT Field Engineers to increase account penetration and ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain accurate data and forecasts within SalesForce
- Establish productive professional relationships with key personnel, influencers and decision makers
- Coordinate with colleagues, including support, delivery and management resources
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor's level degree, preferably in engineering or computer science
- Field experience in enterprise software or technology sales
- Track record of achievement in sales targets and large account wins
- Ability to be successful in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self motivation
- Ability to extend existing relationships with customers
- Ability to develop joint strategic sales plans for increased revenue and market share
- Detail oriented with effective follow-up
- Willingness to travel up to 50% of the time post-covid
- Embedded software sales experience
- Knowledge of open source and Linux
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience with a process-oriented sales methodology
- Depending on the territory assigned, there may be a language requirement (Japanese, Korean, Chinese and/or German)
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the world's best free software platform. Our services help businesses worldwide to reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products..