Senior AccountantFull time @SEVEN STAR GLOBAL POSITIONING SYSTEMS TRADING posted 7 months ago
- Ensures adherence to generally accepted accounting standards and principles when recording and processing accounting transactions.
- Ensures all accounting records are kept accurately, in line with regulatory requirements.
Finance / Accounting
- Oversees the daily accounting activities required to maintain the general ledger and other balances and accounts.
- Supervises petty cash payments and the replenishment of petty cash.
- Directs and reviews accounting entries such as cash reconciliations, income and expense transactions, fixed asset activities, payroll and other transactions.
- Ensures the relevant books of accounts are compiled at the end of every financial period.
- Ensures the fixed assets account is managed and maintained with strict adherence to the relevant procedures.
- Analyzes business performance / results, providing feedback to Management.
- Ensures punctual reporting of all financial information.
- Manages the preparation of financial statements and ad hoc financial reports on a periodic basis.
- Acts as a point of contact for auditors and communicates with them to ensure all questions can be answered efficiently.
- Keeps abreast of new local and international regulations and standards and takes steps to ensure accounting and financial practices remain in compliance with local and international guidelines.
- Ensures all journal entries are posted to the general ledger and that closing procedures are met.
- Plans, manages, coordinates, and implements the year-end closing processes and procedures for assigned accounting records.
- Reviews supporting documentation related to expenses and revenue realizations prior to positing of expenses or revenues.
- Assists in the development, review and improvement of accountancy and computer systems.
- Assists in monthly reporting for the management by analyzing accounting data.
- Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
- Keeping up to date with local financial and legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Prepares ad hoc financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information on need basis.
- Record month-end financial transactions (Depreciation, accruals/prepayment, monthly accruals).
- Prepare and support the annual audit of the company’s financials.
- Assist in the quarterly VAT return.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting.
- Further accounting certification (CPA, ACCA, etc. is a plus).
- Good communication skills (verbal & written) in English.