Job ID 191384
Reconciling account balances and bank statements, keeping the general ledger, and planning month-end closure processes are all responsibilities of the senior accountant. To assess financial data and forecasts, a competent Senior Accountant combines strong analytical abilities with a solid understanding of accounting concepts. Additionally, the ideal applicant has worked with and/or managed a team of Accountants and Junior Accountants.
Additionally, senior accountant responsibilities include overseeing the correctness and efficacy of all accounting tasks.
- Accounts payable and receivable are verified, allocated, posted, and reconciled.
- Produce and show error-free accounting reports.
- Analyze financial data and compile a financial status report.
- Recognize faults and make recommendations to enhance efficiency and spending.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance in the area of management accounting.
- Accounting systems and practices are reviewed and recommended for adjustment.
- Accounting assistants and bookkeepers must be managed.
- Participate in the development of financial standards and the forecasting process.
- Contribute to the department’s goal-setting process.
- Prepare financial statements and budgets on a timely basis.
- Assist in the preparation of tax audits and returns.
- Internal and external audits are conducted to assure compliance.
- Plan, assign, and review the work of personnel.
- Assist with the month-end and year-end closing processes.
- To maintain and reinforce internal controls, develop and document company procedures and accounting policies.
- Ascertain conformity with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Maintain communication with our Financial Manager and Accounting Manager in order to enhance financial operations.
Desired Competence & Expertise:
- A bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of five years of experience working in general accounting (experience with financial reporting is a plus but not required)
- Has broad accounting expertise, particularly in the areas of rents, salaries, bank reconciliation, and other account reconciliations.
- Preferably worked in the UAE’s hotel business.
- Should possess superior analytical abilities and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Fluent in English communication.
The First Collection is an innovative lifestyle brand comprised of The First Group’s award-winning hotels and restaurants.
The First Collection’s portfolio of five operating hotels is famous for its world-class service and state-of-the-art amenities designed to make visitors feel at ease during their stay. The First Collection at JVC is scheduled to open in September 2021 and will be the group’s first branded and managed hotel. Grand Heights Hotel Apartments is owned and managed by The First Collection and features comfortable studios and one-bedroom apartments in the heart of the city. The group also manages TRYP by Wyndham Dubai and Wyndham Dubai Marina, which are Wyndham Group franchises. While Citadines Metro Central Dubai, a franchise of The Ascott Limited, offers hotel flats in a good location.
The First Collection’s restaurants provide remarkable and distinctive dining experiences with a strong emphasis on quality and affordability. The rapidly expanding portfolio of restaurants, cafes, and bars comprises a dynamic mix of in-house brands and internationally recognized franchises, including MasterChef, the TV Experience, the world’s first restaurant based on the global television phenomenon. With a focus on social dining, this dynamic restaurant portfolio is assisting in establishing the collection of upscale and upper midscale hotels as one of Dubai’s hottest culinary and lifestyle hotspots.
The First Collection’s ambitious growth ambitions for the coming years include the opening of additional upper-scale hotels and a variety of dining concepts throughout Dubai.