Wood is urgently sourcing for Senior Electrical Designer to strengthen our team in Dubai.
- Carry out assigned Electrical design work as part of a multi-discipline project team
- To promote safe behaviour at all times
- Maybe required to perform site surveys and data gathering exercises at various project locations
- To provide discipline specific design and drafting services that meet the Project’s, and applicable statutory and regulatory, requirements
- To provide technical support to the site team during design, engineering and construction
- Preparation and checking of all types of Electrical and/or Instrument design deliverables such as Block Diagrams, Single Line Diagrams, Schematics, Layout Drawings, Termination Diagrams, Schedules, Material Take-Offs, etc
- Interdisciplinary check of all Civil/Structural/Piping/Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation drawings
- Review of vendor drawings for Equipment / Package items
- Produce drawings in AutoCAD
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to the discipline
- Strong commitment to safety
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Excel and Word
- Experience of 3D modelling using SP3D / PDMS would be an advantage
- Must be able to work to an agreed scope, budget and schedule
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements
- Experience in the preparation and co-ordination of Electrical design deliverables
- Compliance with industry, international and Client Codes and standards
- Must be eligible and willing to make occasional visits to Basra, Iraq
- Onshore Oil and Gas related Electrical design experience
- Thorough awareness of international codes and standards used for Electrical design in Oil and Gas industries
- A determination to continually improve safety in all aspects of plant design and operation
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma or HNC in Electrical engineering (or relevant subject)
- Minimum of 10 years relevant electrical design experience in the Oil and Gas industries
- PMDS Experience is required
- Knowledge of site-based project work involving field engineering and construction.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage
- Candidates in-country preferred in this role
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.