Senior Software Engineering Manager – Agile Delivery@Careem posted 2 weeks ago
We are in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We're well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries. About the role
At Careem, our mission is to simplify and improve the lives of people and create an awesome organization that inspires. We started by improving transportation in the region, then expanded into food delivery, groceries and payments. We are now building the region's premier Super App to further simplify and improve people's everyday life and bring our services and the services of trusted partners to our Customers.
We built the first multi-billion dollar tech startup in the MENAP region. We operate in 100+ cities across 13 countries.
Join us as we solve some of the most difficult problems that our region faces at scale while creating stellar experiences for our Customers, Captains (drivers) and Merchants. You will have a chance to work on cutting edge technology and with a diverse set of talented individuals across many geographies.
We're hiring a Senior Software Engineering Manager in our Dubai or Berlin office to join our geographically distributed Search teams. You will help guide our teams in building our next generation search platform which will power some of Careem's verticals (food, groceries and quik). The platform solves complex query understanding across our merchants' catalogs and inventories as well as across the Super App itself. What you'll do
- Build roadmaps and lead prioritisation balance the right amount of structure and planning for a fast paced engineering team with many stakeholders.
- Support your teams in continuously improving the quality and reliability of their services and help define and enhance the patterns and principles that the team follows.
- Mentor, grow and support the careers of the engineers on your teams.
- Be a Leader in your area and collaborate closely with Product Managers to understand and refine customers needs.
- Work closely with other engineering leaders to create and follow the tech vision for the team.
- 3+ years of experience as an Engineering Manager or Team Lead.
- 8+ years of overall technical experience.
- Experience with Lucene and/or ElasticSearch/SOLR.
- Experience leading complex engineering projects that cross engineering teams.
- Experience designing and building large scale, distributed applications including making tradeoffs in architecture and functionality in a cloud environment.
- Experience in highly available production systems including defining metrics and processes for deploying changes to production reliably in live systems.
- Solid understanding of software engineering best practices, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience leading teams in a remote-first environment.
- Background in Ecommerce search engines.
- Experience working in a high-paced start-up environment.
What we'll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day