Job Title Senior Sous Chef
Play Your Part Managing a team of Chef to ensure that the restaurants and all outlets are managed with high standards of food quality and proper managing of cost to ensure maximum profitability.
Main Duties Leadership – Manage high personal and professional standards for the department by your own performance and support the Executive Chef in all areas of operation.
– Recognize outstanding individual performance in your department and deal with substandard performance fairly, immediately and constructively.
– Give clear, concise directions, provide support and supervise the chefs to ensure that directions are properly executed.
– Seek responsibility and take responsibility for your actions and the actions of those reporting to you.
– Establish a climate of motivation and enthusiasm in your department.
– Create and implement long term goals and strategies that will cause the department and therefore the hotel to succeed and grow.
– Get the right people in the right job.
– Constantly seek to develop the expertise of those reporting to you.
– Have a deep understanding of the hotel’s Vision and integrate this into the department’s daily activities.
– Adjust to changes in job requirements and the hotel’s operational strategies to meet business needs.
– Exercise moral judgment, imagination and courage in the practice of leadership. Budgeting and Finance
– Support all kitchen sections of the annual business plan.
– Monitor the kitchen and stewarding budget and discuss proactive corrective action with the Producer – F&B.
– Control cost whilst ensuring the hotel’s Guests expectations are exceeded. Marketing
– Have a keen understanding of the hotel’s market segments and their expectations.
– Constantly seek to identify unmet Guest’s needs and work towards developing new/improving current products and strategies to sustain our competitive advantage.
– Know the hotel’s current and potential competitors.
– Understand the product image the company aims to project and ensure that image is reflected in every aspect of the manner in which you manage the kitchen and stewarding operation.
– Communicate effectively within the organization at all levels using the most appropriate communication method for the matter concerned.
– Conduct regular brief, concise, will prepare meetings and ensure follow-up.
– Communicate with Guests and be visible in the local community as a representative of the hotel. Organization
– Maintain an efficient and effective kitchen administration system.
– Set policies and procedures pertaining to the kitchen and stewarding operation and ensure all manuals are up to date.
– Ensure all kitchen and stewarding policies and procedures are in synergy with related departments and Hotels guidelines.
– Understand the hotel’s general policies & procedures and align all your division’s activities and your personal actions as a senior manager.
– Participate in the hotel’s duty management roster.
– Maximize the use of available technology and systems to get results.
– Ensure the facilities, equipment and offices under your supervision are maintained in excellent condition.
– Know your job and continue your self-development by self-directed learning and participation in company sponsored rehearsal programs.
– Network within the company and the industry to keep abreast of developments affecting your field of expertise.
– Monitor food cost and work with the Production Chefs to maintain low food cost whilst achieving high food quality.
– Ensure clean kitchens, hygienic work procedures and high safety standards.
– Ensure energy conservation programs are implemented in all kitchens including control of kitchen fuels and gas consumption.
– Work with Chef to minimize spoilage and wastage.
– Ensure buffet set-ups are creative and in accordance with the Hotels image.
– Work together with all Chef to ensure menus are cost effective and in accordance with trends and market demands.
– Have a good understanding of the hotel’s emergency procedures and ensure implementation of those related to the kitchen operation when required. Health & Safety Managers/Supervisors are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their department, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, they must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored, and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star? In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria: – Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience required – 3 – 5 years of successful culinary experience in a similar position within a comparable hotel/restaurant offering – Experience managing a team of direct reports with a proven track record of motivating a team to provide an outstanding dining experience The Best Part of The Story We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances. We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leaderships vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination. The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate Dubai, Bollywood Parks Dubai, and LEGOLAND Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland – a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014