Senior Support Engineer@Avasotech posted 2 weeks ago
We are looking for a customer orientated Senior Engineer to support one of our clients, who would be reporting into regional IT manager.
Engineer needs to be a good listener, good communicator, and empathic with the issues faced by IT users. Engineer is also expected to be wise, be able to prioritize, multitask if situation demands, and result orientated to render speedy response resolving the IT related issues. Having solid hands on experience as minimum level 2 support, being technically strong with excellent troubleshooting skills in supporting desktop and server technologies in a fast pace office environment is required.
As part of the Site Technology Servicing team, we provide onsite IT technical support to all client Offices / Plants / Labs within our scope, which includes all users and onsite hardware within the locations described within the job description.
This also includes but is not limited to:
- Onsite Visitor support
- Project Support
- Asset / stock management / E-Waste
- Onsite Training / User Education
- Local Vendor Co-ordination
- VC / Conference room support
- Provide technical support as point of contact for IT for the site.
- End-user desktop, laptops, office IT with smart hand support for network and servers.
- Installation support for various software on end user systems and servers when required
- New users onboarding preparing IT assets and tools.
- Offboarding support, collecting IT assets and sanitizing IT assets and keep in stock.
- Executive / VIP support.
- Coordination and remote hand support to backend team for Network & server smart hand support.
- IP phone, Video conference support, Level 1 Multifunction Printers support.
- Configuring, deploying, and troubleshooting enterprise and personal desktop and laptop computers, personal productivity devices, and business applications.
- Supporting midrange servers.
- Supporting network devices such as switches, routers, Wireless Aps with the help of backend team.
- Handing tickets on ServiceNow or similar ticketing system.
- Troubleshooting VPN.
- Application-support with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and SharePoint.
- Troubleshooting MS Windows 10.
- Troubleshooting MS Office 365 issues for end-users.
- Office IT Asset Management.
- Coordinate external vendors when engaged for support.
- Work independently and coordinate inhouse IT projects.
- Engineer should manage most of their time around activities involving BAUs – SLAs, CSAT, Response Time to Client, Average Resolution time, Open incident backlog and maintaining SOP’s and Runbooks for global team use
- Should provide technical guidance to Site Tech, prioritization on workload and resource capacity planning
- Should be leading the project support team
- Asset / stock management / E-Waste, Site Tech Onboarding / Training / Process alignment / Documentation , Onsite Training / User Education , Vendor Co-ordination
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- 4+ years’ experience in IT support demonstrating increasing levels of responsibility and technical expertise in a corporate enterprise environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and Windows 10 operating systems and their related remote access.
- Knowledge & experience with ServiceNow or similar ticketing system.
- Understanding of Active Directory.
- Familiarity with Microsoft server technologies and their associated user management tools, including Active Directory, Office 365, SharePoint, File, Print, DHCP, and DNS.
- Self-disciplined and highly motivated.
- Good decision-making skills
- Should be able to prioritise workload based on SLA’s and user impact.
Senior Support Engineer