Senior Support & Software Engineer, Saudi Arabia@Canonical posted 3 weeks ago
This is an exceptional opportunity for an open source technologist who enjoys solving problems under pressure.
The main functions of this position are to:
- Apply your knowledge of Linux virtualisation using Libvirt/KVM, containers and Kubernetes along with your knowledge of TCP/IP networking to support customised solutions for our customers.
- Be the technical authority and demonstrate your experience with popular open source software such as PostgreSQL, Corosync/Pacemaker, MongoDB, MySQL and Apache.
- Provide advice on deployed architecture, implementing solutions for complex problems and guiding customers to successful data-center infrastructure operations
- Communicate regularly with the customer team about ongoing issues
If you have a passion for the latest open source technologies, technical support, cloud-native development, data-center technologies such as OpenStack, Kubernetes and networking, you will love the Senior Support & Software Engineer role at Canonical.
The successful Senior Support & Software Engineer will have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Open source development or scripting experience
- Professional experience with either OpenStack, Kubernetes, Ceph and/or Ubuntu
- Must be able to speak English fluently
- Excellent communication skills and extensive experience in customer-facing positions
- High motivation, ability to multi-task and follow-up reliably on commitments
- Experience with or willingness to learn new technologies, including LXD, Snaps, MAAS, Juju and Ubuntu
- Ability to travel
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever yourwe will give your application fair consideration.