Job ID 191370
As the world’s largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand.
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world. Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambiance where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you’d like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we’d like to welcome you to the world’s most international luxury hotel brand.
The InterContinental Hotels Group® properties in Dubai Festival City consist of four hotel brands. These include the luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the lavish long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites, and the vibrant mid-scale Holiday Inn. In addition to over 1000+ bedrooms, the four properties boast a selection of high-quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre across two levels, the 5,000 square meters Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, state-of-the-art gymnasium, and swimming pool facilities. We are looking for people who are friendly, welcoming, and full of life to people to join over 900 colleagues who are always finding ways to make every guest’s experience an enjoyable one. We value the passion and enthusiasm of our colleagues and encourage you to share your passion when you work with us.
Your day to day
- Ensures that house rules are followed and obeyed.
- Ensures punctual attendance and adherence to duty schedules by all subordinate supervisors.
- Ensures that personal grooming and hygiene standards are being observed doing spot checks in the morning
- Ensures all engineering employees follow the Engineering Standards and Procedures as issued from time to time
- Responsible to issues warnings to his subordinates for infringements of Hotel Rules and Regulations
- Responsible for the proper organization and functioning of the energy management function of the POMEC Department
- Supports and initiate programs for the improvement procedures and the reduction of energy and utility costs
- Analyses and monitors energy costs and expenditures for the department
- Maintains an equipment and machinery record system for the property
- Recommends to the Assistant Chief Engineer, new policies and procedures for a more economical operation and maintenance program
- Participates in the preparation of the annual POMEC Budget
- Reviews proposed capital expenditure authorization requests (CEA) forms pertaining to POMEC and make appropriate recommendations
- Interacts and cooperates with Hotel guests and outside contractors as directed by his superior
- Cooperates and communicates with other sections in the Engineering department.
- Interacts and cooperates with other departments when necessary to provide additional or specialized services for functions, promotions, and festivities
- Assists in Engineering contract analysis
- Assists tradesmen with maintenance and repair when required
- Conducts shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known.
Occupational Health and Safety Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate Awareness of OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all procedures are conducted safely and within OH&S guidelines and ensure your direct reports do the same
- Be aware of duty of care and adhere to occupational, health, and safety legislation, policies, and procedures
- Be familiar with property safety, first aid, fire, and emergency procedures and operate equipment safely and sensibly
- Initiate action to correct a hazardous situation and notify supervisors of potential dangers
- Log security incidents and accidents in accordance with hotel requirements.
- Works with superior in the preparation and management of the department’s budget and is aware of financial targets
- Recycles wherever possible and enforces cost-saving measures to staff.
What we need from you
- Set high-performance standards and pursue agreed goals (with your Manager)
- Strive for constant improvements takes responsibility for achieving business results and persevere despite obstacles
- Report problems to Management with suggestions for resolution.
- Demonstrate an interest in and an understanding of issues relevant to your department and hotel and keep your knowledge up to date, including legislative information
- Understands the hotel’s business priorities, products, and services and has a good grasp of how the department is run
- Brings best practices to the attention of the department share new ideas that have been read about or discovered
- Clearly understands how their own role and the role of others impact employee satisfaction, guests, and department performance.
- Diagnose problems and thoroughly analyze information to guide decision making
- Evaluate and assimilate critical information when reaching conclusions and make logical competent decisions.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all internal customers and guests in order to anticipate their needs.
- Take action to address these needs in order to exceed their expectations.
- Create a positive hotel image in every interaction with internal and external customers
- Adhere to hotel brand standards
- Maintain a high level of product and service knowledge in order to explain and sell services and facilities to guests
- Assist guests and escort them to locations within the hotel at their request
- Maintain knowledge of special programs and events in the hotel in order to recognize and respond to guests needs
- Maintain current Hotel information to be able to provide information to guests
- Demonstrate co-operation and trust with colleagues, supervisors, teams, and across departments
- Communicate well to ensure effective shift hand-overs
- Actively participate in and conduct organized meetings
- Interact with department and hotel staff in a professional and positive manner to foster good rapport, promote team spirit and ensure effective two-way communication
- Be open to new ideas and make changes in the job and routine as required
- Work in line with business requirements in a flexible and optimistic manner
- Complete tasks as directed by Management
- Deputize in the absence of your Manager
- Establish action plans and schedules for meeting departmental priorities
- Assign responsibilities, allocate resources and coordinate the activities of yourself and others to meet objectives effectively and efficiently
- Prepare induction programs for new employees and allocate sufficient time for their implementation.
- Promote your ideas persuasively, shape the opinion of subordinates, and overcome resistance
- Build consensus for action and negotiate mutually beneficial solutions
- Work with your Manager to ensure you have a clear view of what is required to achieve results, and take action and responsibility to deliver it. Ensure your team meets deadlines and quality standards and tasks and projects are completed as required
- Adheres to and enforces the InterContinental Hotels Group Code of Conduct, Hotel Policy, and Departmental Procedures.
- Inspire others to excel by clearly communicating department and section goals and priorities, recognizing good performance, and supporting employees when required
- Develop the potential of others through training, coaching, and development opportunities
- Work effectively with customers and colleagues from different viewpoints, cultures, and countries
- Work to understand and consider the global nature of the business.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.
Job Reference: EMEAA28972