Software Product Owner – Control Platforms@Groupe Tornatech posted 2 weeks ago
Tornatech is the world leader in fire pump controllers with factories in Canada, UAE, and Belgium. Our headquarters are located in Quebec, Canada and we are expanding our team R&D to the UAE offices.
Come join our passionate development team and make your mark by enabling high quality, performing, and maintainable control platform software. You will be joining a young and dynamic team with great communication and teamwork!
As a product owner for control platforms, you will have a key role in the software development of our internal products. You will work in close collaboration with the development team and the product owners of external products to deliver high-quality fire pump controllers. Your main focus will be to translate the standards and client requirements into refined issues, ready to be programmed by the development team. As the control platforms software expert, you will also provide expert support to external product owners as required. You will be under the supervision of the R&D Development Head of Service.
- Establish the required software features based on:
- The applicable standards,
- The external product owner requirements,
- Similar or earlier generation products behaviour.
- Manage product backlog:
- Translate requirements to detailed user stories with acceptance criteria (Given/When/Then),
- Prioritize user stories development to achieve a minimum viable product in time,
- Plan software version scope.
- Participate to dev team backlog refinement meetings
- Validate proper functional implementation
- Evaluate, monitor, and communicate the required development time for a software release
- Be the technical expert for support on the behavior and features of the product.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or similar
- At least 2 years as a software Product Owner in an Agile (Scrum) team
- Perfect Professional English. Fully fluent in written and spoken English, can easily explain complex problems and solutions in English.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Team player able to mobilize and inspire their teammates, open-minded
- Professional scrum product owner certification
- 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
- 30PM to 9PM regular hours. Flexible hours; required to be available to work with Quebec Team from 05 PM to 09 PM.
- Work is done primarily in the Dubai office with remote working possibility
To be part of the team, you must be ready to place the client first. At Tornatech, collaboration, respect, integrity, and service are core to all of our interactions.