Specialist Profit Protection MENAFull time @Adidas posted 11 months ago
Position is integral to the on-going success of Retail improving operations by objective auditing and reporting to Retail Senior Management. Ensuring compliance with legislative frame works e.g. Safety and security and compliance with agreed operational best practices. Identification, quantification and communication of Risk followed by implementation of strategies to reduce risk (avoidance, reduction). Reduction of Shrinkage (Retail Losses) via process improvement, training, awareness and where needed the investigation and apprehension of internal or external criminals. Liaison with appropriate external agencies e.g. law enforcement to support crime reduction.
- To proactively and continuously review, assess and identify risk within the Retail Environment (DTC) and eCom. Reduce and mitigate risk with the implementation of comprehensive risk reduction strategies and countermeasures.
- Conduct retail store compliance audits to ensure adherence/compliance to defined controls, policies and procedures (HoR, Inventory Control, CIA). To analyse/report findings and ensure remediating actions/action plans are followed by Retail Management.
- Review, monitor and manage retail data (shrinkage/cycle counts/stock counts) affecting the P&L of retail stores (DTC) & eCom and develop, recommend and implement comprehensive countermeasures to eliminate or minimize losses.
- Conduct retail investigations and eCom in accordance with relevant professional standards, legal requirements and internal policies and procedures, and complete timely reports/findings to the relevant stake holders utilising the Case Management platform.
- Perform data analysis for POS high risk transactions (e.g. shrinkage, post void/return & exchange, staff discounts, etc) reviewing data on specific tools to identify exceptions and fraud indicators and initiate reviews / investigations / management reporting.
Consultant to Corporate Internal Audit, Retail Operations, General Manager, Finance Director, Head of Retail, Inventory Controller, District Managers and Store Mangers.
KPI’s: Risk Assessments, Shrinkage, Compliance improvement
- Finance Director, Retail Director, Inventory Controller, DTC Excellence Manager, eCom – Payment & Risk Management, Retail District Managers, Store Managers
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Functional: Experience of Risk management, Security or Audit within Retail Industry – ideally in apparel/fashion/shoes or FMCG
- Exposure: Finance, Investigations, Retail, Law enforcement
- Strong communication skills and high degree of stakeholder orientation
- Good understanding of retail structures and processes
- MS office suite of products – Upper intermediate to advanced
- Experience of Retail Management Systems – Intermediate to advanced
- English: Fluent
- Vocational qualifications / University degree or tertiary education
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- University degree or other tertiary education
- Functional: 1-3 years professional experience at similar roles or as a store manager