SR. ASST. ACCOUNTANT – FIX ASTFull time @Propel Consult posted 7 months ago
Organization : EKFC GROUP COMPANY
Applications are invited for the position of Sr. Assistant Accountant Fixed Assets
- Position within: Finance
- Reports to: Senior Finance Manager, ACCT
- Category: Corporate Support
- Department : Finance
The Job holder is responsible for ensuring that assets are classified and recorded accurately, tracked and reconciled with the ledgers. He/she is also responsible for recording accurate depreciation and accounting for the disposition of assets. In addition to the above, the job holder supports Accountant/Finance Manager in arranging key historical data from the system for financial projects and budgeting purposes
Ensures accuracy in calculating, posting, and verification duties to obtain and record financial data for use in maintaining accounting and statistical records.
2. Perform professional accounting activities; supports the Accountant in information and analysis
3. Prepare reports including Fixed Asset schedule, Depreciation Schedule, Aged analysis of Assets by Business Unit and Location for reviews by Accountant/Finance Manager
4. Ensure Asset ledgers are reconciled with physical Assets by Business unit and Location and submit timely reports for review
5. Provide annual budget information; monitor asset movements and identify areas for improvement and implements corrective actions.
6. Assist the Accountant/Finance Manager by coordinating with IT and finance sections (General Ledger and Accounts payables) towards strict implementation of Capex ordering and purchase control procedures and periodic review to enforce controls
7. Contribute in maintaining financial security by adhering to internal controls.
8. Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
9. Comply with all relevant quality, health, safety and environmental management policies, procedures and controls
10. Identify opportunities for improvements and automation and implement initiatives to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
Essential Requirements & Competencies
- Graduate in accounting or commerce or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years in the area of Finance
- Being conversant with internal control procedures and concepts
- Ability to delegate duties, tasks and reports
- Experience in the use of data entry programs
- Time management and workload efficiency skills
- Persistence in finishing projects in spite of hindrances
- Readiness to go extra mile to avoid mistakes and produce new opportunities
- Ability to adjust to diverse ideas, impressions, schemes, and tactics from individuals or changing preferences.