Sr. HR Business Partner, International Corporate & Consumer HR@Amazon Middle East and NA FZ posted 2 weeks ago
Work hard. Have fun. Make history. At Amazon we expect no more and no less from you. Come and experience a company that reinvents itself every day. Immerse yourself in an environment that is fast-paced, expanding and is continuously inventing new efficiencies and offering great opportunity for our customers and for you! The Middle East & North Africa (MENA) HR team is looking a Senior HR Business Partner (Senior HRBP) to join their team based out of United Arab Emirates (UAE).
If you thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment, this is the place for you. The person in this role must be able to work independently, take a hands-on approach, and interface effectively with professionals at all levels. You'll need excellent communication, professional interpersonal skills, and the ability to function in an innovative environment. You'll need strong analytic skills and the ability to translate your clients' business plans and goals into the human resource capabilities needed to achieve outstanding results.
Amazon is seeking an exceptionally talented, innovative, extremely hands-on, customer-obsessed HR leader with a passion for establishing and developing first-class HR strategies. The Senior HRBP will business partner with leaders across various business verticals of Consumer & Corporate teams as well as lead some key regional goals/projects to ensure outstanding customer focus by delivering value-add, best in class HR support to internal customer groups across MENA countries.
This work includes, but is not limited to, increasing workforce capability, providing change leadership, talent management / succession planning, retention activities, and supporting day-to-day operations as well as on-going process improvement. Further breakdown of responsibilities are mentioned below:
- Own and manage the relationships with client group business leaders, including Senior Managers and Directors
- Develop and own the delivery of the strategic HR plan for each business supported, ensuring consistency with MENA and global HR goals
- Act as a consultant to your client groups and provide input on the HR implications of strategic and operational decisions and plans, acting as an integral member of each group’s management team
- Maintain a strong focus on employee relations, performance management, engagement and retention activities, including an understanding of compensation and benefits and development activity
- Support and develop line managers in driving a performance culture through coaching, facilitating talent assessments and succession planning meetings
- Provide expert input to your client groups as well as the HR team in terms of employment legislation, policies and practices
- Support the design and delivery of appropriate training and development programs
- Deliver on business-critical HR related projects
- Ensure alignment of HR related programs by partnering with peers and colleagues within MENA, APAC and global locations and also across corporate / consumer business units
Key job responsibilities
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- The ability to understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies and procedures to effect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity and development
- Agility to adapt to a new region which is aiming to have best practices at a global level; MENA being an emerging market is truly setting the baseline of its people processes and strategy.
- A true hands-on approach as well as the ability to successfully monitor the "pulse" of the employee and corporate group to ensure a high level of employee engagement
- Proven knowledge and practical application of HR practices and employment laws
- Experience with rapid and complex changing work environment
- Coaching and mentoring experience at management level
- Success in creating and driving effective development, employee relations, retention and reward programs
- Will be an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- For us, the Culture fit is non-negotiable – you will have high energy and flexibility, fantastic communication skills and huge amounts of drive
- You will be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves"
- You will have a strong solutions focus and be comfortable working in an environment which demands strong deliverable. Ability to identify problems and drive appropriate solutions
- Strong internal and external customer service focus
- Ability to develop strong working relations at all levels
- Talent to manage multiple priorities simultaneously; orientated on results – while retaining all relevant information
- Bias for action, strong work ethic, and desire to achieve excellence
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
• Master's Degree/MBA in Human Resources Management or related field is preferred • Ability to work independently, as well as an active member of both business and HR teams • Strong analytical skills. Experience using and presenting data to make decisions • Prior experience leading, coaching, and mentoring • Project management experience, especially on managing cross-functional projects and initiatives • Talent to manage multiple priorities simultaneously; orientated on results – while retaining all relevant information • Bias for action and the ability to drive outcomes in a matrixed environment • Excellent communicator and facilitator; excellent written and verbal communication; high quality document preparation and presentation skills • Proven ability to diagnose issues and drive appropriate solutions with self-initiative • Experience with Organization Design and Change Management • Resilient and able to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment with a high level of energy and sense of humor