Sr Strategy & Planning Associate, SSAFull time @Uber posted 6 months ago
High priority projects will be championed by the Sr. Strategy & Planning Associate. As a member of a regional team, you’ll play an active role in helping to develop, prioritize, and implement projects that will aid in the expansion of this rapidly growing region. As a result of your operational and analytical skills gained in fascinating contexts in the past, you will be instrumental in advancing our company. We’re seeking for a someone that can see the big picture while also being able to get down to the nitty-gritty. In the region and at our local and international headquarters, this position will work across several functions and teams.
As a part of the MEA Strategic & Planning Regional team, your analytical skills, data-driven approach, and operational mindset will assist strategic decision-making processes throughout the region.
Analytical skills, time management and organizational skills, and the ability to clearly convey and present information to get agreement are all required for this position.
What You’ll Do
- Own and drive strategy projects across SSA markets in close collaboration with the Regional General Manager as his/her thought partner on the region’s biggest challenges. Projects could include: competition strategy, expansion strategy, country strategy (tackling marketplace, product portfolio, pricing, etc.) and others
- Set Vision: Working closely with Strategy and Planning Leads and Regional General Manager to align overall company vision
- Thought Leadership: Working with all General Managers across the MEA region to set strategic priorities, align regional and company vision, and share best practices
- Program/Project Management: You’ll be THE go to person for many key initiatives, not just for Operations, but across key teams within the organization such as Finance, Growth, and Product
- Process improvement: Identify operational and structural weaknesses and help improve or innovate new processes to keep our local and regional teams as efficient as possible
- Scale: Build, maintain, and communicate detailed reporting models to assist city-level, regional, and expansion efforts, and make data driven decisions.
- Build Relationships: Collaborate with other functional areas (Ops, Marketing, Business Development, Product, Legal, Finance, etc.) to ensure efficient and productive working relationships
- Lead by example: Be truth-seeking and finger-tippy with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete processes and execution plans, move fast, be biased toward action
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 4 years of consulting / investment banking / business intelligence / strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree – Masters/MBA strongly preferred
- Outstanding communication and organization skills
- Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and cultivate a cohesive and creative work environment
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution – do things quickly, and to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength
- Explorer – self-serve, investigate and get the data we require will make you much more effective in this role. Self-starter attitude is a must!
- A high bar across the board – from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality – biased toward action, excellent collaborator constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- Outstanding Excel / data skills
- Grittiness – you never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and take on challenges hands-on
- Clear communicator – you are a clear and concise communicator who can synthesize a lot of information quickly, highlight the key takeaways, and disseminate practical insights
- SQL Proficiency strongly preferred
At Uber, we’re bringing the world to life by putting it in motion. It is our mission to help people get around in more than 10,000 places throughout the world by solving huge problems.
In order to help develop a future where everyone and everything can move autonomously, we welcome people from all backgrounds. If you’re curious, passionate, and collaborative, we’d love to have you join our team and help us move the world ahead!
Please let us know if you require special consideration because of a disability or other circumstance.