Storekeeper cum Receiving Clerk@Emirates Grand Hospitality posted 2 weeks ago
POSITION TITLE: Storekeeper/ Receiving Clerk
As a Stores Keeper you are Responsible for receiving all the items ordered by the hotel and ensures that all goods have properly ordered, and that they meet prescribed quantity specifications set by the user departments.Your role needs you to adhere to policies and procedures ensuring the smooth functioning of the Hotel operations and will include key responsibilities such as:
As a Receiving Clerk you are responsible for accepting delivery of goods on behalf of the hotel and in compliance with hotel standards.
Your role needs you to adhere to policies and procedures ensuring the smooth functioning of the Hotel operations and will include key responsibilities such as:
A) Responsibilities and Duties:
- Inspect and verifies all goods received and ensure these confirm to the purchase specifications.
- To keep accurate records of all transactions.
· Receive and forward all goods and deliveries in and out of the hotel to the correct point of contact/storage area.
· Able to follow standards for issuing and receiving stock within the store's area of operation.
· Monitor and take inventory on regular basis to compile orders based on par levels or needs.
· Maintain clear and organised records to ensure all reports and invoices are filed and stored properly.
· Monitor PAR levels for all food items to ensure proper levels.
· Responsible for storage of both food & beverage and operational stock.
· Responsible for the day-to-day check on the storage facilities for upkeep and hygiene.
· Responsible to verify all goods arrived as per the agreed purchase, delivery note and agreed quantity has been received.
· Refuse acceptance of damaged, unacceptable, or incorrect items.
· Ensure cleanliness of all areas, keeping storage areas clean & tidy and in strict compliance with hygiene regulations.
· Ensure all store requisitions are signed by concerned Department Heads (HOD’s) and approved by FC/GM depending upon the hotel's operations procedure.
· Ensure the quantity requested and the quantity issued always matches.
· Ensure store requisition form is signed by the person collecting the goods and enter into the Inventory/Materials Management System.
· Post all invoices using the MMS – Material Management System.
· Conduct inventory audits to determine inventory levels and needs.
· Conduct physical stock audits on a regular basis as advised by the Financial Controller (FC) and the physical count to be tallied with the inventory count from the MMS – Material Management System.
· Any differences between the manual count and MMS software have to be investigated and the information to be given to the Finance Department.
· Assist the Accounts Payable Clerk / payable assistant in finding out any cost discrepancies.
· Complete requisition forms for inventory and supplies.
· Extend all requisitions on a daily basis and update the inventory management software/system.
· Work closely with Purchasing to order and receive items and equipment.
· Troubleshoot any vendor delivery issues and oversee/follow up on the return process.
· Follow up on documentation of after-hours issues ensuring it is in accordance with established internal controls and procedures.
· Adhere to all Health and Safety procedures particularly relating to food and beverage items.
· Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
· Speak with others using clear and professional language.
· Keep accurate recordings of all incoming and outgoing goods.
· Notify the store manager/supervisor of any low stock levels.
· Identify and report any slow-moving items to avoid over purchasing.
· Verify and track received inventory and complete inventory reports and logs
- To ensure all the receiving documents are properly filed.
- Knowledge of all goods so that can judge the quality if merchandise received.
- Reports to the receiving supervisor any deviations from standard receiving procedures.
- Ensures receiving area always clean.
· Interacts with stores to other departments as required.
- To ensure have good relationship with other departments & suppliers.
· Key in the transaction into computer system.
· Check & verifies all goods received and ensure these conform purchase specifications.
· Ensure all goods received or rejected are properly documented.
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures
- Must work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner
- Receive goods verify accurately against purchase orders and ensure that they are in good physical condition or with appropriate expiry dates.
- In case of over/short supply, wrong pricing etc Receiving Clerk must complete Credit note or manually adjust the invoice before giving invoice copy to suppliers
- Complete a daily receiving report for F&B items and for General items and submit to accounts payable
- Maintain an up-to-date file of the receiving coy of all approved purchase orders. All purchase orders must clearly state the status of delivery (Open or partial)
- Ensure all deliveries are received at the designated receiving area only
- Ensure all invoices are stamped and dated with the appropriate receiving stamp upon deliveries
- Ensure all invoices are also signed with name from related Department Heads/ Leaders upon direct delivery
- Receiving Clerk should keep record all items received and copy the Accounting team for payment
- Ensure that Serve Safe points are taken into consideration while receiving food and beverage items
- Work together closely with store / account payable / purchasing department in order to have a smooth operation
- Assist in all daily, weekly, month-end, or quarterly inventories as needed.
Additional duties and responsibilities:
· Ensure integrity and confidentiality of information at all times.
· To perform any additional requirement, tasks and duties outside of his/her scope of work as deemed necessary by your Head of Department or the Management.
· Changes in business may require alterations to this Job Description.
· Adheres to the set procedures for attendance and timekeeping.
Job Type: Full-time