Stores & Inventory Control ManagerFull time @Emirates posted 6 months ago
Oversee the management of inventory items, including aircraft parts and materials, training equipment and materials, and accommodation equipment and consumables required to operate the Emirates Flight Training Academy. Manage and control the stocks of landside and airside inventory items, and aircraft parts required to support the running of EFTA at the optimum level to enable planned operations.
– Maintain secure stores facilities across the academy to achieve high standards of compliance with required storage conditions. Manage the control access to the aircraft tools store, including accounting for tools during and after maintenance of aircraft and track records of tooling and equipment requiring calibration to ensure all calibration and testing requirements are complied with. Track and control the servicing of ground equipment, vehicles, and other assets required for the normal operations.
– Manage and maintain an accurate computer records system of stock levels of inventory items (aircraft and non-aircraft items) to ensure continued availability. Ensure aircraft parts and materials received into stores are only accepted when appropriate documentation in compliance with GCAA requirements has been provided.
– Initiate & develop effective and constructive solutions to challenges and obstacles that arise in the ongoing business of receiving and delivering EFTA inventory items. Provide solutions to the department Manager to improve procedures and services, and reduce cost. Develops accurate, consistent enhancements to the inventory reporting structure.
– Prepare requisitions for the purchase of stock items to meet department demands in a timely manner. Liaise with Purchasing & Logistics departments to monitor and follow up on the status of the items ordered with buyers and suppliers. Make arrangements for shipment of inventory items requiring repair/overhaul to and from the EFTA facilities. This includes shipping of high value items both within the UAE and to third countries, including compliance with Export Control requirements.
– Monitor pricing of parts and materials procured on a regular basis to ensure best value is being achieved whilst taking into account delivery timescales and operational need. Monitor the performance or repair and overhaul vendors for routable aircraft parts sent away for repair, including performance against promised turn-around times, items returned `no fault found?, and ongoing reliability of routable components.
– Establish and manage the process of providing documentation and component history records to the Continuing Airworthiness Management Organisation department to improve fleet availability, reliability and safety, and reduce maintenance costs.
– Continually review supplier performance to ensure the service and products received continues to meet EFTA standards. Identify possible alternative suppliers and liaise with specialists in the Procurement and Logistics Departments and arrange for new suppliers to be added to the approved suppliers list and the EFTA purchasing system in the most expeditious manner.
– Supervises staff ensuring that they have a consistent workload, are motivated and ensures their reviews are completed on time. Ensures that staff work in a safe manner, and that all noted and communicated risks are addressed or escalated for resolution. Manage stores access to ensure that parts and materials can be accessed whenever required by aircraft maintenance personnel.
Qualifications & Experience
Vocational or Degree (12+3 or equivalent)
– Flight Operations.
– Work experience in a similar role.
– 5+ Years Experience in the control of stock and inventory, with a minimum experience at a supervisory level.
– Experience in purchasing and purchasing systems, with a minimum experience at a supervisory level.
– Knowledge of Oracle and Maintenance Management System.
– Thorough knowledge of aircraft Maintenance and Purchasing Activities.
– Good knowledge of computer applications and inventory control
– Knowledge of store keeping procedures, aircraft parts and materials, ability to recognize and identify various types of materials used in Aircraft maintenance.
– Leadership Role: Yes
– Safety Sensitive Role: Yes
Salary & Benefits
Join us in a management role and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary. On top of our generous travel benefits, including discounted flights and hotel stays around the world, this managerial role also has an excellent leave and healthcare package. That’s on top of transport benefits, life insurance and more. Find out what it’s like to live and work in our fast-paced, cosmopolitan home city in the Dubai Lifestyle section of our website www.emirates.com/careers