At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Why should you join the team?
Even though we are part of an enterprise business, we are a fun and collaborative team, which gets it all done. We are gathered from all corners of the globe, from Sofia to Dubai, from Tucson to Bordo.
Two important things about the team are that we treat everyone the same, regardless of whether you are an intern who started yesterday or a senior member of this group. It’s not a team of “yes people”. Our manager loves nothing more than good counterpoints to his arguments.
Also, what we do matters. For such a small team, we make a huge contribution to IBM’s overall results. More importantly, we change the industry in the way we work with our client.
We’ll discuss the specifics of what we do with the candidates during the interviews, but for now, suffice it to say that we are focused on maintaining the infrastructure which lies under public and private cloud.
For our Brand Remote Technical Support team, we’re looking to hire Technical Support Specialist with client-first mindset and eager to learn. In this challenging role, you’ll be responsible to receive and record incident related information, using a variety of tools, techniques and procedures, select appropriate actions to resolve problems. This role participates in remote technical support of IBM hardware & software products and/or systems.
- Flexible schedule to support 24×7 shift operations and on-call coverage.
- Monitor and adhere to the workload distribution needs.
- Respond to escalated customer calls, complaints, questions and queries.
- Provide remote troubleshooting and analysis assistance for installation, usage and configuration questions.
- Provide answers for general usage and operation questions. Provide problem determination / problem source Identification.
- Collaborate with other support centers and business units to provide seamless problem resolution.
- Collaborate with other support centers and business units to provide seamless problem
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
Education and professional experience:
- Relevant University degree, ideally in Information Technology or Computer Science
- At least 2 years’ experience working in the area of customer support
Fluency in English is a must
Second European language is required – French, fluent
Skills and competencies:
- Basic Storage and Networking knowledge
- Computer or server hardware knowledge
- Customer-first mindset with high sense of ownership
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills
- Ability to work in a high pressure, dynamic situations with a large degree of autonomy
- Ability to produce good work documentation
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Previous experience in a similar role is a plus
- At least 1-year experience working as a technical support engineer
- Advanced knowledge, experience and/or certified with IBM HW and SW products
- Advanced knowledge, experience and/or certified with Servers, VMware, Citrix or Cisco enterprise products