UAE National_Regional HR Business Partner@Al Futtaim posted 2 weeks ago
Established in the 1930s as a trading business, Al-Futtaim Group today is one of the most diversified and progressive, privately held regional businesses headquartered in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. Structured into five operating divisions; automotive, financial services, real estate, retail and healthcare; employing more than 35,000 employees across more than 20 countries in the Middle East, Asia and Africa, Al-Futtaim Group partners with over 200 of the world's most admired and innovative brands. Al-Futtaim Group’s entrepreneurship and relentless customer focus enables the organization to continue to grow and expand; responding to the changing needs of our customers within the societies in which we operate.
By upholding our values of respect, excellence, collaboration and integrity; Al-Futtaim Group continues to enrich the lives and aspirations of our customers each and every day
Overview of the role
Responsible for driving People & Culture tactical and operational approach for Al-Futtaim IKEA Markets (incl. units: UAE, Qatar, Muscat & Egypt, Store, Service Office & Customer Support Centre) driving uniformity and scale across units. Ensure close cooperation across the People & Culture organisation by providing tactical support and guidance to Store HRBPs as well as delivering high-quality People services to Service Office Leaders.
Ensure that IKEA People strategies, legal and compliance demands are locally translated into action to fulfil business needs and driven by IKEA culture and values
What you will do
- Actively contribute to the growth and business development of all Al-Futtaim IKEA by being a true business partner to the Regional Service office teams
- Be primary responsible for all people aspects linked to expansion Al-Futtaim IKEA assigned Markets (securing alignment with commercial planning timelines and commercial build up requirements, budget and control pre-opening cost and give input for Store Design)
- Support, guide and align Store HRBPs people in all operational people development topics incl Recruitment, Competence development, Organisation design and labor relations activities
- Support, guide and align Store HRBPs in developing a sustainable succession and talent pool.
- Ensure the people strategy, principles/guidelines and relevant business plans relate and come together in a local People & Culture action plan that is operationally implemented and lived up to in all the markets Al-Futtaim IKEA operates
- Support the development of a value-driven organisation and IKEA being a great place to work in the local market.
- Influence Regional Office management team to continuously develop local leadership capabilities within their function according to business needs.
- Support the building of local business competence by setting and working on relevant goals, together with the Regional Service Office managers.
- Coach and support managers about people related topics (e.g. performance management and development, team development, change management).
- Involved in planning, setting co-worker P&C budget while following up on goals.
- Responsible for implementation of co-worker relations plan that effectively manages all local interactions with co-workers and ensures that all areas in the unit work with the labour relations principles and uphold local policies, procedures and laws
- Be a good example of IKEA leadership in ways that express the IKEA values within and outside IKEA, and together with the unit managers help to safeguard and promote the IKEA Culture.
- Ensure operational excellence in implementing and maintaining HR processes and working methods across all geographies
- Inspire and empower all co-workers and specifically the HR team to perform to the best of their abilities and continuously develop in their assignments.
- Contribute to make IKEA a diverse and humanistic workplace, developing a trustful climate that encourages an open and honest dialogue.
- At any time, act as an ambassador for the IKEA values and drive initiatives to keep the IKEA values a living reality.
Required skills to be successful
- Ability to communicate confidently and clearly with various audiences in English, both verbally and in writing. Arabic is a plus.
- Must have deep knowledge of local laws and regulations concerning the labour market
- Knowledge/experience of IKEA ways of working and processes is an advantage
- Live and share the IKEA values
What equips you for the role
- University degree in Human Resources or related field
- Solid HR background and/or business background with a minimum of 3–5 years of managerial experience
About Al-Futtaim Retail
Al-Futtaim Retail has established itself as one of the leaders in Retail across the Middle East, Africa & Asia over the past 30 years. We have developed partnerships with some of the biggest and most respected Brands in the world including IKEA, ACE and Toys R Us in the Middle East and the Inditex Group of Brands (Zara, Mango, Bershka and P&B) across Asia. We are also one of the largest Global partners of Marks and Spencer’s in both regions with over 75 stores offering both fashion & food options.
Most recently we have been responsible for bringing brands to the Middle East for the first time with the exciting launches of Watsons and B&Q and we aim to continue to be agile and adaptive to our markets with new launches and further development. For this to be possible we aim to recruit the best talent from all backgrounds who will continue to challenge and develop our diverse workforce which includes over 100 nationalities across 12 countries. Join us today and make a difference…