UX Researcher, MENA UX@Amazon Middle East and NA FZ posted 2 weeks ago
- Bachelor's degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Statistics, Psychology, Anthropology, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with research utilizing various methods (e.g., usability studies, contextual inquiry, surveys, etc.).
- A strong research portfolio demonstrating past work experience and deliverables (eg: study plans, reports).
MENA UX team seeks a passionate, innovative and highly motivated UX Researcher to help us define the future of online shopping for MENA Customers. In this role, you will be partnering closely with our designers, product managers, business leaders and tech to discover, report and solve customer frustrations. You will be responsible for designing and implementing a research strategy – possibly inventing some new research techniques along the way. Your research will be agile, performing quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful findings. You will guide the team’s research needs, including designing and conducting research activities with a goal being to drive meaningful impact, as measured by incremental changes to the product design and development roadmap.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of user research methods and best practices, along with a nimble, creative and pragmatic approach, and top-notch communication skills. This position requires the ability to work with minimal direction as well as the capacity to work quickly while delivering high-quality outputs. This position will work on overlapping projects, so strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task are critical. This position will want the researcher to think long term, strategically and not just execute researches but inform, advise, guide and empower the teams to be customer backward.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize research questions based on analysis of current knowledge, business goals and risks.
- Identify best method or mix of methods based on research questions, timeline and resourcing.
- Perform quick but thorough data analysis in order to create insightful and actionable findings presentations- both verbal and written.
- Owning the insights and frustrations and consistently partnering with teams to work towards it.
- Own end-to-end experience with all aspects of research (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting).
- Strong grasp of quantitative data analysis and statistics.
- Hands-on experience with: lab-based user testing, remote testing, paper prototype testing, iterative prototype testing, concept testing, field research, international research, and survey design.
- Fluency in best practices for user research.
- The ability to quickly turn around high-quality study plans and reports.
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Exceptional behavioral data-collection and analysis skills, e.g., designing, conducting, and analyzing all kinds of user data.
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule.
Key job responsibilities
You’ll play a critical role in creating useful, usable, and delightful experience by exploring customer behavior, preferences, and influence teams to work customer backwards.
About the team
MENA UX is responsible for understanding and designing the shopping journey for Amazon customers in the middle east including AE, SA and EG. Our team owns the end-to-end shopping journey from discovery and evaluation of products and programs, to checking out and completing the purchase, to post-order experience such as delivery and returns. You will be joining a growing team which is a collaborative, creative and cohesive group of researchers and designers.
- Master's or PhD degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Statistics, Psychology, Anthropology, or related field.
- Retail/E-commerce research experience in a global context.