Waiter / Waitress – Food and Beverage at InterContinental Hotels Group Dubai Festival CityFull time @Ihg posted 6 months ago
Do you want to work as a Waiter/ Waitress with InterContinental Hotels Group® Dubai Festival City?
What is your true calling? We’re interested in you whether you enjoy triathlons, trying new eateries, or dancing the tango. We admire people who approach their work with the same zeal and accuracy as they do their hobbies. Consider working for a company that allows you to be yourself. Our commitment to our employees is to provide opportunities for them to have a fantastic start, learn and grow, perform, be recognized and rewarded, be involved, and take the initiative and lead.
Four hotel brands are represented by the InterContinental Hotels Group® locations in Dubai Festival City. The luxury brand InterContinental, the superior upscale Crowne Plaza, the sumptuous long-stay InterContinental Residence Suites, and the colorful mid-scale Holiday Inn are among them. In addition to over 1000 bedrooms, the four properties feature a variety of high-quality restaurants and bars, an impressive 3,800 square meter Event Centre spread across two levels, the 5,000 square meter Festival Arena by InterContinental, the luxurious Spa InterContinental, a state-of-the-art gymnasium and swimming pool facilities. We are searching for people who are warm, welcoming, and full of life to join our team of over 900 colleagues who are constantly looking for ways to make every guest’s experience enjoyable. We admire our employees’ passion and excitement, and we want you to share yours when you work with us.
Your day to day
Assist to ensure the smooth conduct of the shift through customer focused service delivery. Promotes the desired work culture around the five core values of Trust, Integrity, Respect, One Team and Service of the InterContinental Hotels Group® and the brand ethos.
- Provides customer service in accordance to standard operating procedures
- Clears and sets up tables
- Anticipates guests needs by following service behaviour
- Endeavour to resolve all complaints during shift and logs all complaints in log book for further follow up
- Executes cash handling and banking procedures
- Establish and instruct staff in cash security procedures
- Assists in the maintenance of service equipment
- Monitor standards of guest facilities and services
- Control stock and monitor security procedures
What we need from you
Ideally, you’ll have some or all of the following competencies and experience we’re looking for:
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work in a team and in different functions
- Warm and inviting personality
- Ability to think calmly under pressure
- Willingness to learn open-mindedly
- Passion of food and curiosity for something new
- Basic organisation skills in restaurant operation
hat we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with competitive salary and benefits.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG® family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve – visit www.careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.
So go on – show us how your passion and personality are the perfect fit to deliver memorable experiences to our guests.